TMI Thursday, the first

January 28, 2010

Courtesy of the talented LiLu at Livit, Luvit it’s time for my very first TMI Thursday.

TMI ThursdayThe rules of the game are rather simple: tell a ”completely tasteless” and “wholly unclassy” story about your life.
I'll start by sharing that one of my good friends recently posted on her Facebook status that she had “a small uterus.” This is, apparently, something her doctor had told her. To me it seems like an odd bit of information for your doctor to volunteer. But it got me thinking. What information can I tell 500 of my closest internet friends for this lovely TMI Thursday?

As far as I know, I do not have a small uterus, so I will have to think of something else.

Let's go with the old standby, things-I-did-in-college-that-I-would-never-do-now-because-I'm-sooo-much-older-and-wiser.  Heh.  Anyway, during my college days, I paid for my expenses by waiting tables at a local restaurant. We served a number of different types of pastas, and every pasta plate came with a small side of garlic toast. Make that *delicious* garlic toast, all buttery and warm on slightly toasted foccacia bread.

I will confess to you, here and now and just this once, that sometimes, near the end of my shift, I got really hungry. And sometimes, people ordered the pasta. And sometimes these were respectable-looking people who didn’t appear to have any communicable diseases. And sometimes these people wouldn’t eat the yummy garlic toast on the side of their plate. And sometimes, as I was taking their plates back to the kitchen at the end of their meal, I looked at that untouched garlic toast and thought, boy, I sure am hungry and that garlic toast sure does look delicious.

And. Yes. I did it.  I ate the garlic toast. I picked it up off the plate and took a big bite out of a stranger’s leftover food.  Nom nom nom.

Want more TMI Thursday? Visit Kate at Growth Spurt or click on the TMI Thursday badge at the top of my post for many, many more wonderful stories of things you probably never needed to know.  Read at your own risk.  You have been warned.

0 comments: