- Browsing the sales booths with the trashy t-shirts
- Spending 20 minutes trying to guess how many food/drinks you will eat/drink so you don’t have leftover food and beverage “tickets” and yet you don’t have to stand in line again
- Spending an insane amount of money on “tickets” for food and beverages
- Playing the beanbag toss and winning a free radio station t-shirt (if you’re me)
- Playing the beanbag toss and not winning (if you’re the husband)
- Getting your picture taken by one of the program sponsors
- Stuffing your face with food and drinks so that you don’t waste any of those no-cash-value tickets
- Oh, yeah, and maybe also listening to some country music artists singing
“Hey, look at that kick-ass grandma in front of us!” one of my friends said. “That’s so cool she went to Kid Rock. I’ve got to get my picture with her!”
“Excuse me,” we said, “would you mind taking a picture with us?”
“Oh hello,” she said, smiling, “I’m the Mayor of Florence!”
So it turns out we got our photo taken with the Mayor.
But no story is complete without some pictures. I mentioned earlier that the group of us got our photo taken by one of the program sponsors, Cricket Wireless. While I was online searching for my picture, I browsed through some of the other yahoos that had their picture taken. I’ve picked some of the winners and posted them here. Enjoy.
Um, NO. No, thanks.
Three guesses (and the first two don’t count) on which headliner this guy came to see.
Hey look! It’s Kid Rock and Pam Anderson… oh, wait, nevermind.
Excuse me, sir? I believe you may be accidentally wearing your girlfriend’s cast.
Only slightly more fantastic than if he had been wearing one of those t-shirt tuxedos.
These fine ladies are demonstrating the versitilty of the Jack Daniel’s bandana. Now they just need one more lady in need of a miniskirt, and they’d have a complete set.
Their parents don’t let them out of the house much.
So if she’s a “playboy bunny” then he’s a… what is that thing… an armadillo?
I really have no explanation for this one.
This lady’s outfit just screams “class.” Or, something like that.