My co-workers like to drink a lot so the local bars are doing well

May 26, 2011

A while back I wrote a post about our local watering hole.  If you haven't read it you might want to pop over on this link and take a look at the photos: Dive Bars and Beers.

I work for a construction company that travels from job to job.  One of the advantages is that when we're constructing a project in a particular area, it brings an influx of money and spending to the local businesses.

Bars, especially, stand to benefit.  I know it's a stereotype, but it's true: construction workers like to drink.

Our local dive bar is one such place.  But the good news is, they're taking the extra profits and putting it back into the business.  I hadn't been there in a while, and was shocked when I saw the newly remodeled ladies bathroom.  The hole behind the toilet is gone, and so is the shower curtain that separated the stall from the outside patio.  Also, the sink is no longer propped up by a 2 x 4.

It's got a new floor and new paint and new vents and everything.

BEFORE
AFTER

BEFORE
AFTER

0 comments: