Come fly with me

October 27, 2010

Well, technically, I should say come fly with me and my husband, since we'd need him to actually pilot the plane.

Maybe now you're thinking:

OMG you have a PLANE!  That is so totally awesome.  You must be like, rich, or something!  OMG a PLANE!

And while I absolutely love our plane and am very thankful to have it in our lives... I must mention a few things first.  It is not a fancy corporate jet, in fact, it is not a jet at all.  It is a single-engine prop plane.  It travels at about 130 knots on average.  (1 knot = 1.15 mph... thank you Orange County Chopper for that handy piece of knowledge)  Which in plane speed goes something like "weeeennnnnhhhhhh" rather than "woooosh".  Oh, and, also, it was built in 1957.

But we love the plane.  And since I don't think I've ever posted a picture of our plane on here: 


Pretty.

And since I'm sharing, here's what the beautiful blue sky with puffy white clouds looks like from 9,500 feet:

 

0 comments: